Friday, January 8, 2010

Twenty-Six and Twenty-Ten

After a LOOOONG journey over the past six months (read: years) I finally feel like I'm getting my feet back under me. I have been so blessed over the past six months with many changes and a TON of generous support and gifts along the way that have helped me reach a place of peace, comfort, joy and hope. I will not go into the details of the past six months (years) but I do wish to share with you a dream and goal I have for my 26th birth-year and the year 2010.


26x2 is 52. There are 52 weeks in a year...
I love trying new things but often lack the motivation (sometimes creativity) to live into this.
I love food.
I love adventures.

My Two Goals for 26/2010 are as follows:
Try 26 new recipes
Go out and do 26 new adventures (parks, museums, hikes, adventures etc.)

I NEED YOUR HELP! This is a phrase I am learning how to better use in my life :)

I would love your participation in sharing this journey with me. Please share with me a favorite family recipe or join me on an adventure to somewhere you've longed to explore! And maybe even a story about why it's so special to you.

IE: The Knutzen Brussels Sprout Story
One day Chrissie's friend Jessie Torres was visiting and stayed over for dinner. When we sat down at our kitchen table, around the brown vinyl booth a tiny little voice from blonde-haired, blue-eyed Jessie proclaimed "Ewwww! I hate Brussels-sprouts!" To which my ingenious and quick-witted mother replied "Oh, don't worry Jessie, these aren't really Brussels sprouts they are 'snaggle-wumpus.' Yes, they look like Brussels sprouts but they don't taste much like them, just try for yourself and see." (My mother placed two 'snaggle-wumpus' on each of our plates, drowned them in butter and topped it with a pinch of salt). Jessie hesitantly examined the small green leafy bulb on her fork and popped it into her mouth. "Mmmmm, these are good! I think I like 'snaggle-wumpus.'" Jessie proceeded to share with her own mother what a great meal Mrs. Knutzen had prepared and asked if she would make 'snaggle-wumpus' too.
When the two mothers finally connected about this mystery-vegetable Mrs. Torres proclaimed "How did you get her to eat those, I hate Brussels Sprouts!"


Please join me in making 26/2010 a memorable year!


Peace

No comments: