Thursday, July 8, 2010

Siena

Our first "day trip" was to Siena. We saw St. Catherine's chapel, and went to the Piazza Del Campo, the Duomo in Siena and all kinds of other stuff. I wish I had a documentary of these things, I feel like I can't remember half of what we did. It's all very new to me, I don't have a lot of art history to fall back on, or information about Italy. So here are some pictures to keep you interested.


This is one of my favorite statues. It is a Giovanni Pisano of Mary, Moses' sister at the Museo dell'Opera.


This is the lectern where scripture is read... if that doesn't strike fear into the heart of someone reading the word of God I don't know what will!


The Duomo, Cathedral at Siena.


The Piazza del Campo. With our professor, and very gifted artist, Christopher Slatoff (look him up he's awesome!) and my friends Jared and Stefan.


And a picture of the lovely, and bizarre, St. Catherine.

No comments: