Wednesday, February 18, 2009

thought-o-the-day

Am I the only one who gets a little uneasy when people say stuff like: "Everything happens for a reason" "God put me here to learn something, I just don't know what it is yet" etc?


I feel like, particularly in the middle of an economic crisis, wars around the world, poverty and even little things like the finals that are fast approaching these phrases just rub me the wrong way.

How can we approach life with an attitude more similar to: God is the redeemer of all things.


Just thinking out loud.

1 comment:

Douglas Welcome said...

Through difficult times, I want so badly to say those things. I want there to be a purpose for me not being able to find work. I want there to be a reason that no matter how bad of a day yesterday was and how many things went wrong, today will still get worse. With no light at the end of the tunnel, I want to so badly to have reassurance that there is meaning to all this.

But then I just say to myself, maybe I wasn't intentionally put in such a difficult place, but I guess I can still learn from it.

At least that is the hope I am living with at the moment.